20 January 2010

Writer's Workshop - My Jouney To My 'Homes'

Time again for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. Check out this week's prompts and join in!

Once again I chose prompt no. 4 - How many homes have you had? Write a journal entry about ALL the places you’ve called ‘home’ in your life

You can title my "home"-journey with this: EMELE. Not much so far…
I started, of course, at my parent's home in a suburb of E. It was a nice home and it was quiet and everything was great. I had my own room and it was very harmonic.
Until I got 17 and met M. He asked me to move to M., the city where he was living. At first, we saw each other just at the weekends where I was the idiot and drove to M. every Friday afternoon by train and back home on Sunday evening. After finishing my school and got 18, I found a job there and decided to move to M. forever. It's about 250 km away from my parent's home.
After some months, when visiting my parents because it was my brother's birthday, my friends and family asked and begged me to come back. My friends were honest and were afraid that I will lose myself completely when I'd stay in M. much longer. So I split up with M and moved back to my parents. I started a social year as I was too late for a new apprenticeship. I didn't need to pay rent or for my food or something. I got a car and got back to normal life.
Some years later, I dated a nice man who's marriage broke up shortly before we met each other. He immediately fell in love with me although he was quite older than me. After dating for about a year, I fell truly in love with him, too. So he rented a great apartment and after some months I moved in with him. This was in L. I still did my apprenticeship so he paid all the rent. But I needed to drive to work for about 30 km every day and 30 km back after work.
After a year and a half, we split up because I experienced that the age difference was too much for me. I was young and wanted to party and do some experiences. Everything he already had. So I needed to get back to my parent's home again. This time it was quite hard and I couldn't wait until my apprenticeship was done. Then I rented my own appartment, in E. I stayed in this very same city where I grew up because I felt comfortable there and it was nice.
I still live here. I like it. My hubby likes it. My parents are near for babysitting and stuff so this is really great :-)
This was my jouney through EMELE…. Hope you enjoyed it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that was quite a story! I also dated an older guy, and found pretty much the same that you did - the age difference really did make a big difference. Stopping by from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you have done your post with EMELE, I'm glad to hear you found somewhere you like to live.
    Jade

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!
Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails